- Free Altra mobile deposit: deposit checks from a smart phone or tablet
- Free mobile banking and mobile app
- Free online banking & bill pay
- Free eStatements
- Free online check images
- Online funds transfer
- Overdraft privilege to qualified members
- Free overdraft transfers from an Altra Personal Line of Credit or Home Equity Line of Credit
- Overdraft transfer protection from accounts on which you’re a joint owner
- Free unlimited phone transfers from Checking
- Free balance inquiries by phone
- Cross-account transfers to/from Altra accounts on which you are a joint owner
- Free Altra Secure ID Theft Protection and other security benefits
- Free online budgeting tools
- Free welcome pack of checks (Students only)
A+ Checking Rates
Rates effective August 1, 2020; subject to change.
|Minimum Balance||Dividend Rate||APY*|
|$15,001 & over||0.25||0.25|
*Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) are the prospective rates and yields Altra anticipates paying for the applicable dividend period. Dividend Rates subject to change. Contact Altra for complete account disclosures.
A+ Checking – available for personal accounts only. Qualifying accounts earn currently posted Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances up to $15,000; Portion of balance over $15,000 earn 0.25% APY. Account earns 0.05% APY if all requirements are not met in any given cycle. Rates subject to change monthly.
The A+ Checking account at Altra is outstanding! When I walk into Altra, I know the experience I'm going to have is going to be exceptional! Our members tell it best. Open an A+ account today, with no minimum balance and no monthly fees. Plus, for a limited time, new members will a receive a $100 bonus! Altra Federal Credit Union, helping you live your best life!
A+ Checking Requirements
Use the four (4) free Altra eServices listed below to earn high rate dividends and up to $20 ATM transaction fee refunds each cycle.*
- Receive your monthly A+ Checking Report Card and eStatement at a valid email address.
- Log into Online Banking through Altra.org or the Altra Mobile app at least once each cycle**
- Have one Direct Deposit of at least $50 into A+ Checking account each cycle.**
- Have ten (10) purchases with your Free Altra Visa Debit card each cycle. **ATM transactions do not qualify.
It’s easy to stay on track!
We’ll email you each month to let you know if you met the account requirements. If you can’t meet the requirements one cycle, don’t worry — you’ll simply earn a lower dividend on the balance in your account without ATM refunds for that cycle. Meet the requirements the following cycle and you’ll automatically earn high rate dividends and up to $20 in ATM refunds once again.
2020 Cycle Dates
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Membership eligibility required. Available for personal accounts only. Qualifying accounts will earn 2.00% APY on balances up to $15,000 and .25% APY over $15,000. To qualify you must 1) Receive your monthly eStatement at a valid email address; 2) Log in required through Altra.org or the Altra mobile app at least once per cycle. Aggregation services such as Quicken or Mint will not count as a valid login. Must be using Altra mobile app version 1.2018 or greater. For security purposes, we recommend using the most recent version of the mobile app available; 3) Have one direct deposit of at least $50 into your A + Checking account per cycle; and 4) Have ten (10) purchases with your Altra Visa Debit card each cycle. If all requirements are not completed and/or posted in any given cycle, the entire account balance earns 0.05% APY for that cycle. Qualification cycle means the full calendar month beginning on the 1st and up to the last calendar day at 2 pm CST. Rates subject to change monthly. **Debit card transactions processed by merchants and received by Altra as ATM transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. Only debit card transactions processed by merchants and received by Altra as Point of Sale (POS) transactions count towards qualifying debit card transactions. ATM fee refunds available for ATM withdrawals made from A+ Checking account only. Dividends calculated and paid each calendar month on the daily balance.