Visa® Debit Card
Our No Fee Visa Debit card works like a check
with free additional benefits:
Debit card transactions are automatically deducted from your checking account, so you can check your updated balance and transaction record through Altra's Free Online Banking or by phone.
- Free Merchant discounts just for using your Visa Debit card.
- Receive the same security protections as Signature Purchases when you use your Visa Debit card for online, phone and mail orders that do not require a signature.
- Visa's Zero Liability Policy*, which protects you from unauthorized charges. Any funds taken from your account due to fraudulent use will be returned to you.
- Continuous fraud monitoring to detect and prevent suspicious activity on your debit card.
- Access to Identity Theft 911 to help you recover your identity and prevent further problems.
- A 3-digit security code to verify your identity for Internet and phone purchases.
International Transaction Fees
Any time you use your Altra Federal Credit Union Debit Card overseas, you will be charged an International Assessment Service (ISA) fee. This is a Visa-mandated fee for ATM and POS transactions performed outside the U.S. When the merchant runs the transaction in the local currency (or if you withdraw money in local currency at an ATM), the transaction will post to your account in U.S. dollars and you will be charged a 1% ISA fee. If the transaction is in the U.S. dollars, you will be charged at 0.8% of the transaction amount.
Enjoy 3 ways to pay with Visa® Debit Card
1. SIGN for purchases
To ensure your purchase is protected, sign for your purchase. Or, if there’s a PIN pad, swipe your card, press “credit” and sign. Your money comes directly from your checking account, and you’ll receive Visa Merchant Discounts if applicable.
2. Use your PIN for cash back
Think of your favorite stores as ATMs that are safe, convenient and fee-free. Just use your Altra Visa debit card and PIN to get cash back whenever you pay for your purchases at many major retailers. Depending on the store’s policy, you can get an extra $20, $40, $60 or more right at the cash register. The amount is deducted directly from your checking account. It’s the simplest, most convenient way to get the cash you need, and you’ll save time by eliminating the need for a trip to the ATM while avoiding the fees often associated with out-of-network ATMs.
3. Purchases without a Signature or PIN
For many purchases of $25 or less you may not be asked to sign the receipt or enter your PIN. Your purchase — even if it’s a $2 cup of coffee — is still protected from fraudulent activity and you’ll receive Visa Merchant Discounts if applicable.
Instant Issue Visa Debit Card
Our Member Contact Center can create an Instant Issue Debit Card and ship it to you (expedited shipping is available; an overnight charge will be issued). The Altra offices listed below can also instantly issue a Debit Card and activate it so you can use it immediately:
to see our Instant Issue Debit Card designs.