Best Life Community Awards
August 30th through September 13th, Altra members and employees may nominate any nonprofit organization whom they supported in the last 12 months with their time, talents, or money. Nonprofits must also meet the following requirements:
How To Nominate a Nonprofit
Members (including employees) may nominate any nonprofit organization whom they support with time, talents, or money. Nonprofits must also meet the following requirements:
- Active 501(c)(3) tax exempt status with the IRS
- Must have a direct impact in one of the following areas:
- Wisconsin Counties: La Crosse, Trempealeau, Monroe, and Vernon
- Minnesota Counties: Houston, Olmsted, Filmore and Winona
- Tennessee: Montgomery County
- Texas: Smith County
- Colorado: Pueblo County
- New Jersey: Mercer County
- Nonprofit work must be focused in any one of the following giving areas:
- Education (Pre-K through college): Access to education, mentoring, educational materials/experiences/programming.
- Cultural Enrichment: Fair access to art experiences, underrepresented art and cultural organizations, and programs.
- Health: Equitable access to healthcare, mental health, patient support, disability services and veteran advocacy.
- Preserving or restoring the environment: Conservation, stewardship, and sustainability.
- Human Services: Affordable housing, homelessness, senior advocacy, infant and child support, food insecurity resources, domestic abuse assistance.
- Strengthening local communities: Neighborhoods, public safety, search and rescue, outdoor spaces, rotary/chamber, small and start-up businesses.
The Altra Best Life Community Awards will be awarded in the following amounts:
- Community Choice Award: $10,000
Selected by popular vote by community members, the award is granted to one nonprofit organization.
- Employees’ Choice Award: $5,000
Selected by popular vote by Altra employees, the award is granted to one nonprofit organization in each of Altra’s core community states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Community Assistance Award: $2,500 or more
Selected by a panel of judges, the awards are granted to ten nonprofit finalists that have been nominated by members.
- Employee Volunteerism Award: $1,000
Awarded based upon employee volunteer hours, the award is granted to a nonprofit organization on behalf of five Altra employee volunteers.