Watch our social media channels for updates!
Deadline to submit nominations ended August 15, 2023.
Altra members may nominate any nonprofit organization whom they’ve personally supported within the last 12 months with their time, talent, or treasure. Nonprofits must also meet the following requirements:
- Active 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- Must have a direct impact in one of the following areas:
- Wisconsin Counties: La Crosse, Trempealeau, Monroe, and Vernon
- Minnesota Counties: Houston, Olmsted, Filmore and Winona
- Tennessee: Montgomery County
- Texas: Smith County
- Colorado: Pueblo County
- New Jersey: Mercer County
- Nonprofit work must be focused in any one of the following giving areas:
- Education (Pre-K through college):Access to education, mentoring, educational materials/experiences/programming.
- Cultural Enrichment:Fair access to art experiences, underrepresented art and cultural organizations, and programs.
- Health:Equitable access to healthcare, mental health, patient support, disability services and veteran advocacy.
- Preserving or restoring the environment:Conservation, stewardship, and sustainability.
- Human Services:Affordable housing, homelessness, senior advocacy, infant and child support, food insecurity resources, domestic abuse assistance.
- Strengthening local communities:Neighborhoods, public safety, search and rescue, outdoor spaces, rotary/chamber, small and start-up businesses.
2021 winners are ineligible until 2024
2022 winners are ineligible until 2025
To nominate a nonprofit, you will be asked for the following information:
1. How you have supported the organization in the past 12 months
2. A description of your personal involvement with the organization
3. the way the organization helps realize Altra's mission of Helping you live your BEST life.
The Altra Best Life Community Awards will be awarded in the following amounts:
- Community Choice Award: (1) $10,000
Selected by popular vote by community members, the award is granted to one nonprofit organization.
- Impact Award (1) $7,500
Selected by past BLCA recipients, the award is granted to one nonprofit organization.
- Employees’ Choice Award: (4) $5,000
Selected by popular vote by Altra employees, the award is granted to one nonprofit organization in each of Altra’s core community states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Community Assistance Award: (10) $2,500 or more
Selected by a panel of judges, the awards are granted to ten nonprofit finalists that have been nominated by members.
- Employee Volunteerism Award: (5) $1,000
Awarded based upon employee volunteer hours, the award is granted to a nonprofit organization on behalf of Altra’s top five employee volunteers.