What Altra cards can I add to Apple Pay?
Apple Pay will work with Altra Visa® credit cards and debit cards.
Can I use multiple Altra cards with Apple Pay?
Yes. You can load up to eight cards to Apple Pay.
How do I add my card?
You can add your card in a few easy steps.
- Open Passbook on your iPhone® 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad AirTM 2, or iPad mini™ 3.
- Select the link in the Credit and Debit Cards section. On iPhone, you can also just open Passbook, then swipe down and tap the plus sign.
- From there, use your iSight camera to enter the card information or type it in manually. The card you had stored in iTunes is your default payment card, but you can always switch it in Settings.
- Enter the security code found on the back of your card, and fill in any remaining fields.
Why am I being asked to verify my Altra card?
For security reasons, we may need you to provide additional verification to add your Altra card to Apple Pay. If necessary, Passbook will tell you how to verify your card.
If your information is verified, you should receive a Passbook notification that your card is ready for Apple Pay. If you haven’t received a notification after an hour, please call us at the toll-free number on the back of your card.
Does Altra charge anything to use Apple Pay?
No. Altra does not charge a fee for members to use Apple Pay.
Where can I use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is available in participating merchant apps, and you can use Apple Pay with your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus at more than 220,000 stores and restaurants whose payment terminals are set up to accept contactless payments.
What is a contactless payment?
Contactless payments are transactions that use chip-based technology and require no physical connection between the payment device (a card or mobile device) and the physical merchant terminal.
Apple Pay safe and secure for making payments?
The safety and security of your account information is of the highest importance. When you make payments with Apple Pay and your Altra card:
- Your full card number is not shown to the merchant.
- Transactions are monitored by Altra’s risk and fraud detection systems.
- Purchases are protected by Zero Liability, so you won’t be held responsible for promptly reported unauthorized transactions.
What if my Altra card is lost or stolen?
Please call Altra immediately and mention that you are an Apple Pay customer. We will close your card so that no more purchases can be made. You should also remove the lost or stolen card from Passbook using the “Remove Card” option. When you receive your replacement card, you will need to add the new card to Apple Pay before making any Apple Pay purchases.
What if my iPhone or iPad® is lost or stolen?
In addition to notifying your mobile carrier, please call the Altra number on the back of your card promptly and mention that you are an Apple Pay customer so that we can disable your card for use with Apple Pay. If you locate your device, you will need to add your card back to Apple Pay before making any Apple Pay purchases.
If you have the Find My iPhone app downloaded to your device, you can use it to remotely lock your device. Please refer to the Apple website for more information about Find My iPhone.
Where can I find more information about Apple Pay?
To learn more about Apple Pay, please visit the Apple Pay site.
“Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.