Looking for a new opportunity? We don’t want you to be overwhelmed! That’s why we have created the tools and resources below that will help you along the way.
Here’s what to expect along each step of Altra’s Application Process:
Step One: Apply Online
- Click on the View Job Openings link when you find the job that best matches your interests and qualifications
- You will be directed to an external site, recruiting2.ultipro.com. Although Altra has a relationship with this site, Altra does not provide the products and services on the site.
- Create an account and complete the online application. Don’t forget to submit a resume when prompted!
- Check your email for confirmation that Altra’s Talent Acquisition team received your application.
Step Two: Application Review by our Talent Acquisition Team
- A Talent Acquisition Specialist will review your application and collaborate with the Hiring Manager to evaluate your qualifications for the role.
Step Three: Phone Interview
- An initial phone screen interview is conducted by the Talent Acquisition Specialist or Hiring Manager.
- We do our best to reach you during the hours listed in the availability section of your application.
- If you are selected to move to the next step, the Hiring Manager will contact you directly to schedule a face-to-face interview.
Step Four: Face-to-Face Interview
- The face-to-face interview is conducted on site at our Operations Center or the local Branch Office. This interview is conducted as a panel interview, so you will typically meet with up to four Altra employees at one time.
- The Hiring Manager will begin the interview with some get-to-know you questions to learn more about your background and experiences before jumping in to the behavioral based questions. Behavioral-based questions showcase past experience that predicts future performance.
- For each question asked, our interviewer team is looking for a S.T.A.R. response! What is a S.T.A.R.? Situation/Task, Action, and Result.
Step Five: Employment Credit Report
At the interview, you will sign a disclosure that allows Altra to run a pre-employment credit report, should you be our top candidate for hire. This pre-employment credit report ensures Altra hires candidates in good standing, as employees provide financial counseling to our members, and does not impact your credit score. If your credit is not clear, we will connect with you directly to learn more about circumstances that led to financial struggles to determine whether or not we can continue with extending an offer.
Step Six: Offer
- Once the hiring decision is made, the Hiring Manager will contact you via phone and extend a conditional job offer.
- If you verbally accept the offer, you will receive instructions on the completion of the background check process. The offer is conditional until the background check is complete.
- Once your Talent Acquisition Specialist receives the completed background report, you will be informed that you are cleared to start.
- You will receive a confirmation email and instructions for your first day. During this time, you will also hear from your new Supervisor to discuss your first week!
Step Seven: Onboarding
- If you have received and accepted an offer from Altra, you will work with the Hiring Manager to determine your start date.
- Before your first day, you will receive a welcome card (a real card, in your mailbox) from Altra! You will receive a welcome call or email that will provide you with any additional information needed for Day 1.
- Your first 3 days at Altra will be spent with other new hires learning all about Altra as an organization. Our fantastic Onboarding Team will provide you with the tools you need to be successful in your role! After that, you will dive into role-specific training.