Altra Membership Eligibility
It’s easier than ever to join Altra Federal Credit Union!
You and your immediate family / household members can join Altra based on any of the following options:
- I live, work, worship, or attend school in a select eligibility area. Click for details.
- I am a direct relative or live in the same household with a person who lives, works, worships, or attends school in a select eligibility area. Click for details.
- I am a direct relative or household member of a current Altra member.
- I attend or am employed by a Qualifying School / School District. Click for details.
- I am employed by Trane or I am a Trane Authorized Dealer.
- I am employed by a Select Employee Group (SEG). Click for details.
- I am a member of the Altra Foundation. Click for details.
- I would like to join the Altra Foundation. By joining the Altra Foundation, I am automatically eligible to Altra membership.
- I am a member of the Prime Times Club. Click for details.
If you live, work, worship, or attend school in a Select Eligibility Area, you and your immediate family / household members can join Altra. All you need is the Census Tract Number to verify eligibility.
- Click to Find Your Census Tract
Use your home address, work address, place of worship or school address to determine your census tract.
- Click to Match your Census Tract
Match your census tract number to an Altra Select Eligibility area in these eligibility areas:
- La Crosse, WI
- Winona, MN
- Rochester, MN
- Tyler, TX / Smith County, TX
- Clarksville, TN / Montgomery County, TN
Qualified Schools / School District Eligibility
If you or a member of your immediate family / household attends school or works for a school within a qualifying school or school district, you are eligible to join Altra.View Qualifying School/School District
If you are an immediate family member or household member of a current Altra member, you are eligible to join Altra.
- Trane or a Trane Authorized Dealer
If you are an employee of Trane or a Trane Authorized Dealer, you are eligible to join Altra.
- Altra Select Employee Group (SEG)
If you are an employee of an Altra Select Employee Group (SEG), you automatically qualify for membership. Please contact Altra's Business Services for details.
Altra Foundation Eligibility
By joining the Altra Foundation, you are automatically eligible for Altra membership.
Prime Times Social Club Eligibility
If you are a member of Altra's Prime Times Social Club you are eligible to join Altra. The Club is sponsored by Altra for seniors age 50+ who reside in La Crosse County, WI, or counties contiguous to La Crosse County, including Jackson, Monroe, Trempealeau and Vernon Counties.
It's Easy to Apply
Online Membership Application
We've streamlined the membership application process and offer options for new and existing members to open Savings, Checking, Certificate and Money Market accounts securely online.
Download a membership application
Mail your completed form along with copies of your valid ID to:
Altra Federal Credit Union
1700 Oak Forest Drive
Onalaska, WI 54650
If you are eligible for membership but not yet an Altra member, you can still apply for a loan!
On your loan application, please leave the account number blank. An Altra membership application will be included with your loan paperwork. You must be an Altra member to receive a Loan, Credit Card, or Line of Credit through Altra.